The University Radio of the University of La Serena was born the 26 of August of 1963 of the effort of academics and students of the then Technical University of State (UTE). In its beginnings, it transmitted in Amplitude Modulated (CA-144) from the buildings of the mechanics workshops located in Anfión Muñoz street, in the regional capital.
In the 1986 year, the radio station registers two important milestones: it establishes its current official name and begins transmitting on the 94.5 of the Frequency Modulated dial. Meanwhile, from the 22 of March of the year 2006, it does it officially through the online signal, which allows to go from a radio with local coverage (mainly the communes of La Serena and Coquimbo) to a global one.
Radio Universitaria FM is characterized for being a medium with selected music programming, of institutional character and, unlike its origins, with a continuous transmission the 24 hours of the day, the 365 days of the year.
Historically, the purpose of the radio station of the University of La Serena has been to link the institution with the community, through the dissemination and information of institutional activities and news, as well as the promotion of arts and musical expressions .
|Address: Av. Raúl Bitrán Nº 1305. Andres Bello Campus.|
|Phone-Fax: 51 2 204354 - 51 2 204592|